TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.All work is undertaken to comply with BS7671 ( IEE wiring regulations), Part P. Building control notification, Certificated and Guaranteed. Estimates are subject to the existing installation meeting minimum standards as laid out in BS7671 (IEE wiring regulations)unless where the work is for the purpose of bringing the Installation in line with those standards.
2. Whilst all reasonable is care is taken during the execution of the works, no responsibility can be accepted for any faults failures that may occur to existing wiring, pipework, equipment etc. due to disturbance caused by the proposed works.
3. Any estimate is based on a non- intrusive survey of the property and as such it is assumed that any existing systems that we connect to are in good condition and working order, should we find during the course of the works, any faults we reserve the right to make a charge for correcting the same. Should the client fail to mention any relevant facts relating to the existing installation we reserve the right to make a charge for correcting the same.
4. Dismantling, and reinstalling of any fitted cupboards/furniture to permit the proposed work may be charged for separately.
5. If during the execution of the proposed works it is necessary to gain access into floor below fitted carpets these will be lifted by us and laid back on completion. No re- stretching or fixing has been allowed for. Floors covered by thermoplastic, tiles, vinyl sheet, cork or laminate flooring no costs have been allowed for re installation.
6.During the course of the works it may be necessary to isolate various services such as water electric and gas we will try to minimise the period of time the services are isolated.
7. During the execution of making good works we will not guarantee any brick work or plaster to match the existing and no allowance has been made for any redecorating.
8. No allowance has been make any boxing in or painting/decorating.
9. It has been assumed that unrestricted access will be afforded to us during the course of the works. Any delays caused by restricted access not notified at the time may be subject to extra charges. Or a delay in completion.
10. Where other trades are involved in the works and these trades are not under our control any delays that may cause to our progress by these trades may be subject to delay in completion or subject to extra charge.
11. Unless specified the works will be carried out in one continuous visit, extra visit at the request of the client or caused by circumstances outside of our control will be subject to surcharge and may affect the completion date.
12. Ownership of any materials supplied whether fixed or un fixed shall not pass to the client until payment in full has been made, we reserve the right to take legal action to secure payments for labour and materials, irrespective if they are fixed or un fixed.
13. All fixture and fittings removed during the work including associated waste will be bagged and left for your disposal.
14. No allowances have made for out of hours or weekend work
15. All dates or times given for the start or duration are given in good faith based of the information gained during the survey and our current workload commitments, these times may vary due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. Emergency call outs, breakdowns, weather or circumstances outside of our control. No liability will be accepted if it is not possible to meet our client’s timescales.
16. All switches, sockets etc. will be in white plastic unless otherwise arranged.
17. The works described in the estimate will be guaranteed for a period of 12 months from the date of completion against faulty design and workmanship, the materials supplied will be subject to Manufactures guarantees, any goods supplied by clients will not be covered by our Company and any time involved in rectifying or replacing such will incur additional charges.
18. Whilst certain items may be specified by name or model we reserve the option to supply goods from a different manufacture providing they shall be suitable for the purpose intended.
19. Any items or materials supplied by client for fixing will be inspected in the presence of the client, any defects found will be pointed out to the client whose responsibility it is to replace the items, any delays caused by the damaged faulty goods may be charged and may affect the completion date.
20. Any additional works that the client requires us to carry out whilst the specified works are being carried out will be charged for in addition, an indication will be given and the client must agree before work commences.
21. The estimate is open for acceptance for a period of 30days providing the works can be carried out within 90 days. Short notice cancellations (within 48 hours of work date) on any estimate (verbal or written ) once accepted will incurr a minium charge of £75.00 plus cost of any parts specifically ordered for that work.
22. Terms of payments are given on the estimate for the works and it is a condition of acceptance that these are adhered to we reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 5%above royal bank of England Base rate per month on overdue accounts.
23. Acceptance of the estimate confirms acceptance of these terms and conditions.
24. Prior to commencement of any works a pre check will be carried out as per Electrical regulations, any faults dfound will be advised to the client and may be subject to further charges.
25. It is the client’s responsibility to keep vulnerable people, children, pets etc. away from the areas we are working in.
26. If the works are being carried out in a leasehold property it is sole responsibility of the client to ensure that all necessary permission have been obtained from the landlord managing agent, we accept no responsibility for any work carried out without the necessary permission.
27. Payment is due immediately the work is completed, Simpson's Electrical Services reserves the right to charge interest to invoices which are not paid within the specific time frame.